Skip to main content

Bursting at the seams.

Smaller than yourself.
Sitting comfortably in your skin.
Bursting out of the seams.

Life can be quite a ride with many phases and many cycles, but here’s my take on them.

There’s a place in life for the sitting comfortably…and a place for bursting out, but you shouldn’t allow your time in life to ever be lived feeling smaller than you really are.

The healthiest places in life for me are the ones where I’m being challenged and I say yes to the challenge.

I have a tendency to get lazy at times…to stay away from things that require a huge exertion of energy or that require me to step out of my comfort zone. I never feel good about myself when I allow life to get away from me and when I'm shying away from thigns. Even so, it’s not always easy to break out of a phase like that.

I feel so alive when I’m pushing myself to new limits…trying new things, eating right, staying healthy, moving outside of my comfort zone.

I realize that there is always a need for feeling comfortable…knowing the place where you fit in and the space where life is calming. It’s a way to recharge and process life…but if you stay there too long there is always danger of shrinking to something smaller than your best self.

I want to stay positive and active. I want to try new things and to push myself. I’m sick of feeling like a wimp and letting myself get away with slacking.

So here’s to busting out at the seams.

What are you going to challenge yourself with today??

Comments

Anonymous said…
Mmmm...one of my favorite sayings is: There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone.

I try to live by that. I am not always successful, but it is always top of mind for me.

Popular posts from this blog

Cluck-a-doodle-dooooooooo.

Today I did it. Every morning I drive past a garden supply store on my way to work. And every morning I look at the rooster statue standing more than 5' tall in front of it and think, "I want a picture of him." And then I drive by. I'm either too late for work. Or just not in the mood. Or it's raining. Or I've got other things on my mind. In other words I'm full of excuses. I have spent more time reasoning myself out of taking that picture than it would have taken to just pull over and snap it. What changed today? The Details in the Fabric. It was recommended that I listen to this Jason Mraz song and pay attention to the lyrics. So, I did...and in listening I decided to stop paralyzing myself. To stop driving by just because I'm preoccupied or feeling lost. "Calm Down. Deep Breaths. And get yourself dressed. Instead of running around and pulling all of your threads. And breaking yourself up." And that's what I need to do. The way I&#

Friday Shootout - Reflections

Friday Shootout - Outdoor Food

Outdoor Happy Hour at one of Cleveland's treasures - The Great Lakes Brewing Company. We made it up there for Christmas in July to sample the Year's First public Christmas Ale on tap. It's dark, delicious and in this season 8% alcohol by content - or so that's what we were told anyways. Needless to say by the middle of my third I was feeling pretty "good". Enjoy a night of eating outdoors with me in Cleveland.