Skip to main content

Knock knock knock on wood.

There are so many times in life where I think that it is impossible to stop my head from chewing over thoughts. Chewing them up into little fragments of themselves. A microanalysis of every moment.

Yet somehow here my mind has been completely silent. Completely and blissfully silent.

I am just enjoying myself.

It's been overcast this week with rain on and off. When I looked at the forecast I almost sulked and then today walking back up to the room I realize it has been a blessing. Usually a July beach week is scorching hot. So much so that I end up walking from the beach back to the condo to cool off once ever twenty minutes or so. With the overcast skies I have been able to stay outside all day and just relax.

Last night was perfect too. I was leaning back having my hair braided by Maura and brushed by Marissa (my 7 year old cousin) for an extended period of time. In the middle of the pampering I dozed off. When I woke up Marissa was still running a comb through my hair. I danced between awake and asleep listening to her asking everyone if they had clips. When I woke up this is how I found her. (The pillow you see is where I fell asleep!)

Comments

Anonymous said…
OMG Jamie, I found myself being lulled into a very relaxed state, imagining the gentle hair brushing! Like you, I really enjoy overcast days at the beach. The beach tends to be a bit more deserted and there is just a restfulness to it! I am glad you are having a good time.

Popular posts from this blog

Cluck-a-doodle-dooooooooo.

Today I did it. Every morning I drive past a garden supply store on my way to work. And every morning I look at the rooster statue standing more than 5' tall in front of it and think, "I want a picture of him." And then I drive by. I'm either too late for work. Or just not in the mood. Or it's raining. Or I've got other things on my mind. In other words I'm full of excuses. I have spent more time reasoning myself out of taking that picture than it would have taken to just pull over and snap it. What changed today? The Details in the Fabric. It was recommended that I listen to this Jason Mraz song and pay attention to the lyrics. So, I did...and in listening I decided to stop paralyzing myself. To stop driving by just because I'm preoccupied or feeling lost. "Calm Down. Deep Breaths. And get yourself dressed. Instead of running around and pulling all of your threads. And breaking yourself up." And that's what I need to do. The way I&#

Friday Shootout - Reflections

Friday Shoot-Out

I decided to participate in a blog group Friday Shoot-Out. There's a weekly topic...then you just photograph it how you want and Ta-Da you are in. This week's theme - Colors of the Rainbow. Here's my lil contribution. Barking Spider Photos: West Side Market: