Skip to main content

Circa 1998 - Nick


I wanted to share this photograph that i took of my brother for my college photography class.

I was cleaning out my bedroom last night for approximately 3 hours...and uncovered so many things from my life during the end of highschool/beginning of college period.

I went through such a range of emotions looking through things, spending at least one hour allowing myself to mourn the past and all the parts of me that it kept for itself.

Nick and I were hip to hip for a lot of his growing up (and mine too). I'm just so proud of him and everything he's accomplished as an adult, but I also can't help but feel a little sad looking back and see how much time has gone by.

The moments in life pass us as quickly as they approach - it's so important that we give our all to the people we share our current moments with. The people that are standing in front of us letting us know that "This time with you matters. I'm here now because I want to be."

I can't believe how much I'd give to go back and just relive a few of my memories with the people that were and are so important to me.

We may not realize it at the time, but each moment is part of a collection of time that dwindles with each passing day. The faces and voices that occupy today can too quickly turn into memories and "i wish I saw you more(s)" and "I miss you so much(es)".

Don't take it all for granted. Figure out the things that matter most to you and hang onto them with every fiber of your being. Keep your place amongst the people that care for you. Don't get distracted with useless problems or with people who aren't giving back. Look around and love what is before you - NOW.

You have to attend to the things that you want to sustain.

--------------------
Yogi teabag quote of the day: "The moment you love, you are unlimited."

Comments

Nick James said…
I was hooked to the best hip I ever knew. Those were the years when you played such a vital role in me becoming an entertainer. Time has passed, the hips have separated, but our souls are still connected. I love you sister...entirely, entirely.
Natalie said…
Lovely and very wise words, Jaime.

Popular posts from this blog

Cluck-a-doodle-dooooooooo.

Today I did it. Every morning I drive past a garden supply store on my way to work. And every morning I look at the rooster statue standing more than 5' tall in front of it and think, "I want a picture of him." And then I drive by. I'm either too late for work. Or just not in the mood. Or it's raining. Or I've got other things on my mind. In other words I'm full of excuses. I have spent more time reasoning myself out of taking that picture than it would have taken to just pull over and snap it. What changed today? The Details in the Fabric. It was recommended that I listen to this Jason Mraz song and pay attention to the lyrics. So, I did...and in listening I decided to stop paralyzing myself. To stop driving by just because I'm preoccupied or feeling lost. "Calm Down. Deep Breaths. And get yourself dressed. Instead of running around and pulling all of your threads. And breaking yourself up." And that's what I need to do. The way I&#

Friday Shootout - Reflections

Friday Shootout - Outdoor Food

Outdoor Happy Hour at one of Cleveland's treasures - The Great Lakes Brewing Company. We made it up there for Christmas in July to sample the Year's First public Christmas Ale on tap. It's dark, delicious and in this season 8% alcohol by content - or so that's what we were told anyways. Needless to say by the middle of my third I was feeling pretty "good". Enjoy a night of eating outdoors with me in Cleveland.