Skip to main content

Self Approval - Check

What a great way to start every day. A small reminder that no matter what - you're okay.


Photo contributed by Erin

I have to admit I'm really loving being on the receiving end of all of these great license plate photos.

If you find a great one feel free to email a photo of it at jamiebelardo@gmail.com

-------------------------------------------

Yogi teabag quote of the day - "Oneness is achieved by recognizing your self."

When I read this it makes total sense to me, but I want to take it one step further.
To me, "Oneness is achieved by recognizing yourself IN OTHERS."

We gain so much comfort in life by recognizing little pieces of our own actions in the people around us. So to me this quote means not only recognizing yourself and being content enough to say, "I'm Okay", but also to recognize that the successes and failures of others are the successes and failures of our own selves. We are all human and share so much. We are not above anyone else's downfalls. We are not greater in our success than anyone around us. In moments, and in little ways - we overlap ad are all the same.

Comments

Anonymous said…
So true!
Many years ago I read a book called "I'm Okay, You're Okay." This plate and your reflections reminded me of it. I wonder if it is still in print???

Popular posts from this blog

Cluck-a-doodle-dooooooooo.

Today I did it. Every morning I drive past a garden supply store on my way to work. And every morning I look at the rooster statue standing more than 5' tall in front of it and think, "I want a picture of him." And then I drive by. I'm either too late for work. Or just not in the mood. Or it's raining. Or I've got other things on my mind. In other words I'm full of excuses. I have spent more time reasoning myself out of taking that picture than it would have taken to just pull over and snap it. What changed today? The Details in the Fabric. It was recommended that I listen to this Jason Mraz song and pay attention to the lyrics. So, I did...and in listening I decided to stop paralyzing myself. To stop driving by just because I'm preoccupied or feeling lost. "Calm Down. Deep Breaths. And get yourself dressed. Instead of running around and pulling all of your threads. And breaking yourself up." And that's what I need to do. The way I&#

Friday Shootout - Reflections

Friday Shoot-Out

I decided to participate in a blog group Friday Shoot-Out. There's a weekly topic...then you just photograph it how you want and Ta-Da you are in. This week's theme - Colors of the Rainbow. Here's my lil contribution. Barking Spider Photos: West Side Market: